View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 09:32 AM
Administrator

Default MLB HOF RC ... Is it possible?

Posted By: Dan Paradis

Jodi: you are right about "exhilaration and aggravation". What I love about collecting HOF RC's is you get to learn a little about many different sets.

Jodi: yes I keep the early card and usually sell it when I get a card closer to the true RC. There are some players (i.e. Ruth, Cobb, etc.) where I also keep both cards because I have a display of 3000 hit, 500 HR club, HOF RC and I need cards for each.

Bruce: thanks for the info on Negro league players. However, MLB HOF RC's is overwhelming enough (and costly). For now, I'll stick to the plan.
However, I did purchase a Carmelo-Dep Dandridge awhile back, but I'm not looking for all of them yet.

Cat: You're right about the N167's. I didn't even realize there were 6 HOF'ers in that set until today. Oh well!

Jeff: Nice Cobb cards! It took me 3 years to finally get one Cobb Dietsche!

Recently there seems to be more rare RC's showing up and more reasonable prices. So, I started thinking this might be possible. I'm prepared to pay for some of the higher priced cards. In the beginning when I needed every card, it didn't seem to make sense to pay over $10k for one card when I could get 20-30 HOF RC's for that price. Now that I have at least one early card for almost every MLB HOF'er I'll consider some of the more expensive cards (the reason for this post).

Thanks again.
Dan