View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 01:43 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Hi Marc...

Great Astros pennant. Impossible to find the white cloth version in that great condition with no holes or soiling. Really a beautiful example.

To answer your question... Yes, I do have the elusive 1914 Matty World Tour Pennant. But mine is a unique mustard yellow version. I have never seen this unusual color on any other pennant. Hopefully the annoying sideways pic at least portrays the color accurately.

And to Greg's point, the extended spine is another pretty unique feature. I have seen similar elongated spines (in lieu of tassels) on auto/boat/cycle racing pennants from the teens... a short lived phenomenon, for sure. Attached is a pic of an oversized teens Tacoma Tigers pennant with a similar extended spine (albeit to a lesser extent).

Congrats to Greg for landing the Matty pennant in REA. It was my favorite piece in the entire auction (biased, though I am!)
Thanks Mark, very STOKED to finally own this!! I’ve followed it from auction to auction and proud to say it isn’t going anywhere......👍🏼👍🏼