View Single Post
Old 10-04-2002, 05:13 AM
Administrator

Default Old Judge Card Prices

Posted By: Tom

this before Jay.....but I think that it seems like so many people are getting the OJ's slabbed (including myself) that it's kind of a chicken and egg thing. In some cases, the slabbing has caused the prices to seem to go up, which causes more slabbing which seems to keep the prices going up. I think Wayne Varner and Shoebox has hit the pinnacle right now though with, like you said, GAI4 and GAI5 OJ's selling for $500 and $600. That's just ridiculous. Unfortunately, especially for you, you wind up paying that if it's someone that you really need (since you're doing the set by pose). I remember buying from Terry Knouse thinking that his prices were really high a couple years ago. Wish I could go back to that time when you could get an EX OJ 'common' for $150 to $200. Just doesn't happen anymore. EX on ebay will sell for upwards of $300 to $400 anymore. A NRMT didn't meet reserve a couple days ago North of $600 or so. Also saw an 8 on there a few days ago at $1400 plus. So.......it is a strong market.

Now...about those difficult Chicago Maroons........

Hopefully you got the overnight letter..........