View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 09:13 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfreedman View Post
While I understand that Michael did a great job on the rings, I do not understand why you feel that Heritage needs to jump and do things in a manner and pace that you feel is proper? Chris Ivy sent you a reply and told you that they were investigating the manner and for me, that is good enough. Why do they need to do things by your schedule? They have an obligation to the consigner to figure things out and, that does not happen in a day or a week sometimes. They do, believe it or not have other things to do other than this one task. As Chris said, the consigner was not immediately available. What would have happened if they pulled the rings, talked to the consigner and figured out one of the two rings were good? Were they then supposed to put it back up for auction? It's up for auction, it's down, it's back up etc....

You did your job and told Chris but, that was not good enough for you, you were not happy that they were doing things at their pace and not your perceived time frame therefore, you felt the need to "call" them out. Heritage IMO did nothing wrong and did a great job in the end. Michael , I don't know you and I do not want to start something here with you but, I just think that people need to be patient and not so quick to jump to the worst conclusion. You were in communications with Chris and he told you that he was on it. Why was that not good enough for you?
Agree with this, too, even tho I stand by my opinion of Michael as a good watchdog. I think Michael may have been frustrated because it seemed like a no brainer to pull the auction. That said, I understand Heritage's position as well. God, I'm wishy washy!