View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 08:26 AM
Todd Schultz

I was very surprised by the play call. Fourth and two and you throw the deep sideline pass, with your whole season on the line. It's a low percentage play, and although the game has changed and there are gunslingers throughout the league, I find the decision questionable. You need a near perfect pass, route and catch, plus less than great coverage for that play to work. I know he saw single coverage and the box was crowded, but call something there that gives you a safer throw and catch for the first down. Even if the Bryant pass works you score and leave Rodgers with nearly four minutes to get his team a FG to either tie or win the game, depending on whether you convert the two-point play. They ended the first half similarly, throwing on third and one when Murray had been successful running it multiple times in that situation--leading to fourth down, a missed FG and Packer points.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.