View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 08:52 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Ok then , you are only a year younger than I am, my apologies. No harm or foul, it just seemed like I was watching a younger person because of how I see them act. I am poor at some things too and also ask questions.
This forum has a lot of good members that are ready to help out fellow collectors. Carry on and good luck in the quest!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Case12 View Post
Hi Leon. I realize I am wearing out my welcome. I am 56 and been collecting for 25 years. Over 100 baseballs. 50 in person. I have a Jackie Robinson I did ok with, but a Ty Cobb that I got burnt on. I am a detail guy and have studied signatures for years, but I obviously have trouble with DiMaggio. Because I look for detail, I seem to miss the "big picture" flow of the autographs. Of the 100 (including 500 HR and 300 win), I have only missed 4 (per PSA years after I got them). The 4 are DiMagio, Mantle, Williams and Maddux. I was in FL in the early 90s when Mantle died and there were so many fakes (and before operation bullpen pen). I guess what I am trying to convey is that I have studied theses 3 autos and always get them wrong. I was happy to find this forum to help me (it did - my DiMaggio, Mantle and Williams balls i have had for 25 years were ruled bad). So, i am not a newbie, but was thrilled to find this forum to help me with the big 3 i got wrong all these years. You guys helped me get a good Mantle and Williams. Obviously I am having trouble with DiMaggio. So, that is sorta my story. I will back off now, and use TPAs. (Although ironically this one has a Beckett TPA, but seems iffy on the forum so far). No hard feelings I hope, and the help has been much appreciated. You guys are super. Many thanks, Casey