View Single Post
Old 11-28-2014, 04:00 PM
Chris Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on net54!
Please enjoy your time spent with family. I've always thought that Thanksgiving is the best holiday because this is what it's all about, FWIW.

I recently picked up two nice additions to my no-hit ticket collection.

One is a ticket stub to HOF Sandy Koufax's masterpiece perfect game on 9/9/65 vs. the Chicago Cubs. Tough luck losing pitcher Bob Hendley only allowed 1 hit making this arguably one of the greatest pitched games ever in ML history.

The second ticket stub has been unbelievably tough to locate- KC Royals' Jim Colborn's no-hitter vs. the Texas Rangers on May 14th, 1977. Plenty of fans attended this game- 29,978, but this is the FIRST example of this ticket that I have ever even heard of existing in the 34 years following the game. Anyway, I'm very happy to own it.

I now have tickets to 193 different no-hitter games dating back to 1901.
BTW, I only need tickets to 15 no-hitter games from 1940 to present, which I still believe is an attainable goal.

PLMK if you have any tickets to pre-1980 no-hitter games that you are willing to sell or trade.
Great pick ups Scott! To what do you attribute the scarcity of the 1977 stub? It seems like a few should be out there.

Last edited by baseball tourist; 11-28-2014 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Grammar