View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 09:57 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason.1969 View Post
Love these 1975s. Do you have a plan to display them? Maybe just the Brewers? Alphabetically, I'm assuming the bookends would be Aaron and Yount.
Jason, yes. They will all eventually be displayed. Not just the Brewers, but the entire 1975 set will be displayed. My T206 set will be displayed as I build it, ditto for my 1953 Bowman Color set, any other sets, and my master sets of Roberto Clemente and Robin Yount. Once I decide upon, and purchase my new scanner, my entire collection will be displayed, baseball and football, and once I have branched out, vintage basketball and hockey. That's part of the reason why eye appeal is so important to me.

Besides my job real job, which was working as a stockbroker, I also did web development. I'm completely self taught, having learned HTML and CSS; I am also conversant in XML. I am very old school. I have always used notepad to write my websites from scratch, though now it's notepad ++. Now that I can no longer work anymore, my main focus will be on developing my website. I'll be blogging about baseball-both the history of the games, the current seasons as they unfold, focusing on the Brewers and the history of the Milwaukee Braves, and also hosting the cards from my collection. Depending on the amount of work that maintaining the blog ultimately demands, I might also blog about football. I love the game, and my Packers, and the Packers certainly have a much richer history than the Brewers. I also plan on providing a good deal of information I've picked up over time to help new collectors avoid things that could get them in trouble (ie avoiding fakes, how to assess which people to buy from, etc). I'm not sure exactly what different applications I'll be implementing.

The majority of the site will likely be hand coded, though I am considering Joomla, as one CMS would be really nice from an organizational standpoint. I expect I'll use a custom Wordpress template for blogging. Now that HTML 5 is becoming the web standard, and there should be no more cross browser hacks needed, it should go quite smoothly. My ultimate goal is to build a baseball site unlike any that's ever been attempted before, one that combines together the modern game, the game's history, and our hobby. I am interested in collecting autographs, and if I can do so safely, I'll expand my site to include that. Really, there will be room for baseball cards, autographs, and memorabilia. if it's successful, I could generate a little bit of income from advertising to supplement my disability income.

I'm in the planning and development phase right now, which always takes me a long time.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.