View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 06:11 PM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

I floated this idea about 20 years ago when I worked part time at a local card shop. We did it like this...

Once a month we would have a trading day. We would bring out two large round tables in the front of the store and extra chairs. Admission was a $1, free if you were 16 and under (and the admission covered a slice of pizza from the place next door). Traders would come and trade cards. The store would also trade.

It created several great things for the store...good will being number one. We often traded and rotated some inventory and nearly every trading day was double our average sales day. Getting people into the store was concern number one for those days....they often spent money on things like supplies, wax, and grab bags which would trade at the tables. We did this for nearly a year and a half...the store lost the lease and did not want to pay nearly double to stay.

I miss trading. Loved going to the old Beverly Garland shows in Toluca Lake and sitting at the trading tables or the early Air-Tel shows where people could walk across the hall and have a room to trade.

Joshua