View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Jeff Gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by smtjoy View Post
I would just resubmit it to PSA raw. I had a semi expensive card $300+ that I subbed 4 times about 5 years ago- the grades went 4, 2, 3, 5. Under a loope the card looked like an ex card to me, sucked subbing it that many times and wasting fees it finally did get the grade I expected. I did sell it a few years later and made a hefty profit on it so it worked out for me but thats not always the case.

Taught me a lot about the grading game, its a lot like vegas, luck matters and the TPG's are not as consistent as I had hoped.
As there is some level of subjectivity in grading I am not surprised by the same card getting 2 different grades. However, for the exact same card to get a grade of 2 and then a 5 is discraceful. That makes the whole grading industry look like a joke. Personally, I am big fan of grading, as it has done a ton of great things for the hobby. However, I can also understand why some people hate the grading process. As for my experience, it is usually the raw card sellers who do not like grading b/c they try to sell their raw cards at the PSA 7 grade when they aren't even close to a 7.

Thoughts on grading or how it is even possible for the same card to get a 2 one day and a 5 the next day?