View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 01:37 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger8mush View Post
I have always wondered, and still do, why attendees of a MLB game will wear attire of a team that is not playing that day. So if you go to a Mariners/Orioles games, what are you trying to say by wearing an Astros hat? That you like the Astros and could care less who wins the Mariners/Orioles game? Personally, if I go to a game and don't have attire of either team, I'll either buy a shirt of the home team for $25 before the game starts at their pro shop, or I'll wear a generic shirt.

100% non-confrontational question, just wondering! There is no right or wrong answer, only looking for your thoughts. Thanks for any insight!

Rob
I don't own a Mariners or Orioles cap, but I do have an Astros cap (since it's my team) - I wear it to baseball games because it's a baseball cap and I'm at a baseball game. I guess I could wear a fedora or go bare-headed.

I actually used to have a Mariners cap, and I did wear it to Mariners games, unless the Rangers were playing, in which case I did not, because I wasn't pulling for the Mariners. Basically, I support the team of whatever city I'm living in, except when the Astros or Rangers are in town. Except Atlanta - I lived there for 12 years and never liked them much. I went to lots of games, and pulled for them unless the Astros were in town, but I didn't care much for them.

I never realized this was a peeve for anyone. What gets me is when the Cubs, Yankees or Red Sox are in town - you see thousands of people wearing brand-new gear. Maybe I'm wrong, but they sure seem like bandwagon fans.