Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 04:24 PM
Graig Kreindler

Happy holidays everyone!!

I hope everyone's having a wonderful break and spending time with the people they love. I guess I'm spending time with the easel I love, or something. So, here's what's on that bad boy right now.

The first is the famous Conlon shot of Joe Jackson from 1913. In my opinion, there isn't a better image of the man from the early days. The glare in his eyes are by far the focal point - hopefully that will come across when the painting is done.

The second is a panoramic of Honus Wagner from 1909. He's shown hitting a ball into the outfield at the West Side Grounds, home of the Chicago Cubs. What's really interesting to me about this whole painting is that after MUCH researching, I was finally able to discover the color scheme of the old ballpark - who would have thought that one from the turn of the century would be mostly red??

The image is one of Francis Burkes - in my opinion one the greatest and most underrated baseball photographers of all time. I know the gentleman who has the rights to his entire collection of photos, and man, I would kill to get my hands on them!!

As per usual, please excuse the god-awful photography, and obviously, they each have a looooong way to go. Critiques/comments/questions/rotten tomatoes are greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

Graig