View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 01:57 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbailey View Post
Does having the box do anything for the value?
To me personally, it would not help the value. I like to display these things, and my personal belief is that it looks better outside of the box.... especially since the box portion is in rough condition. The Wallet is so nice, it should be displayed fully, without the box (which to me, is a distraction).

But aside from my personal taste, there are collectors who love original boxes... regardless of condition. Perhaps the majority feel this way, and I'm in the minority. It seems like you may be selling it, and looking for a suggested price.

If using ebay, I'd go $599 with a "Best Offer" Option, and see what offers come in. If you don't get any offers you like, you can always consign it to an AH that does well with Memorabilia. I think it would do well in Lelands, REA or LOTG. Inside the Park also does pretty well with these things.

But the Auction route is riskier... they'd probably start the bidding at around $200, and see where it goes from there. Could do better than eBay, but could do worse. And it will take longer to be paid. So you just need weigh the pros/cons, and do what makes you most comfortable.

Good luck!

Last edited by perezfan; 07-14-2019 at 01:59 PM.