View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Default Submissions from different people......oh well.

Posted By: Joann

I agree with Josh on the issue of not giving better grades to bigger customers under the guise of superior service.

These grading companies are just like JD Power and Consumer Reports in that they have only one thing to sell - their opinion. Yes, they try to judge with quantifiable factors, but nevertheless in the end the result is a designation, opinion, score, etc. based on evaluation by a human being.

These opinions remain salable ONLY to the extent that they are objective. That's why Consumer Reports will not accept advertising - it is too important to assure that there is no possible perception that their reviews and opinions are not objective.

As soon as there is perception that anything at all besides the actual product is contributing to a grade, report, review, score, opinion, etc, then the company has just lost the only thing they have to sell.

I'm surprised that any of the grading companies would do anything to allow even a hint of partiality. I certainly don't think they would do it as part of an open policy of favorable "service" to specific submittors.

Joann