View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 10:36 PM
Administrator

Default Exceptional Gestures by Others - Share Your Stories

Posted By: Ben

Nearly a year ago now my apartment was robbed and my entire collection was stolen (sparing a few cabinets which were kept in a seperate box). The whole catastrophe was pretty well covered on the forum here, so I'm sure if you've been around since then there's no need to refresh your memory. Not long after, Keith O'Leary started a thread in which he offered to donate a card to me and many others followed suit with this extraordinay gesture. I ended up with about 20 cards as a result of the generousity this board showed me. Sure, my collection was far from replaced but what this gesture did do is get me back on my feet thinking positively, with a few cards to get me started once again. So a great big thank you all who wrote and/or gave me a card during that horrible time in my life.

Just incase some of you were wondering, none of the cards have shown up anywhere yet, on ebay or otherwise. I still hold a tiny shred of hope that they will though. I've decided to keep my old website up and running, as the scans could provide useful reference should some of the cards show up in the future.

My old website: http://www.geocities.com/mc_big_ben/tobacco_cards