View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 08:58 PM
Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcoz View Post
Lol Pete!! Just had my third son this past Wednesday. So, my plan was for each of them to have a Ruth RC. With the prices escalating recently, I wasn't sure I'd be able to pull one off. Thankfully, the timing worked out well.
Congrats big time, Pete. I was the under bidder on the '23-24 Exhibit Ruth, having the high bid until the last few minutes. Anyone know who got it? Want to sell it for a bit of a profit? PM me! I did strike what I felt was a reasonable deal off the buy it now price on the 1917-1920 M 101-6 Felix Mendelsohn Walter Johnson off ebay shortly after the auction finished, however, which I am pretty pleased with (PSA 3 VG--almost certainly graded a few years back--with a slight bit of paper loss off the edge of the upper left border, but otherwise a nice card of the pitcher that JAWS ranks numero uno of all time. Tough to argue with 417 wins and a career ERA almost 50% below league average, but they base it on Wins Above Replacement, which I personally am not altogether comfortable with. IMHO, its Johnson and Lefty Grove in a dead heat for the best ever).

Great wins to those of you that did,

Larry

Last edited by ls7plus; 10-31-2016 at 09:12 PM.