View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter729 View Post
I should start by saying I'm not pointing fingers for the blame or anything, but just venting about how painful this is to see.

Early in the November pickups thread, I posted how excited I was to acquire a 6-foot long panoramic picture of the 1910 Boston Red Sox and Washington Senators teams. The picture looked gorgeous and I couldn't wait to receive it.

Unfortunately I did receive it this week, and was horrified. The glass had shattered in transit, and the damage unfortunately went right through to the picture. A big portion of the picture ripped, with numerous other smaller areas of damage. I painfully had to refuse the shipment (it was opened in the presence of FedEx, as the broken glass obviously could be heard in the box), and I trust the auction house will do the right thing here.

I just wanted to share my pain with those who would understand....
Jeez Scott. Seeing those photos made me want to vomit. I mean it. The whole story has made me sick to my stomach. Not only have you lost this magnificent photograph, Baseball has lost an historic artifact.

So sorry this happened to you Scott. Sincerely, Jimmy