View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 09:27 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
As a frequent recipient of those sorts of emails from wannabe buyers on rare cards my response is right in my listing:

--I do not "have to" sell you my item for the price you dictate.* My wife is the only one who gets to say I "have to" do something, and she says it plenty.*

--I am well aware of what the market is for most anything I sell; trying to "educate" me on pricing is not a negotiation tool, it is just a tool tool.

--While I am certainly appreciative of your personal or familial connection to a particular item, it is not a reason for me to give you a discount.* A crasser person than I would even consider it a reason to raise the price.*
Agreed and part of why I don't sell much anymore.

My personal guideline is that no matter what the card is, if cannot offer at least 80% of asking...I move on.

I will however toss it in my watch list and keep an eye on the listing to see if the seller revises anything. I have had one particular card in my watch list for over a year and a half, lol. If he ever comes down to earth on it i'll grab it...but I can wait.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.