View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 04:08 PM
Todd Schultz

Greg, I don't disagree with you that yours is a possible explanation. What makes it strange, though, is why someone who bought the card just a month ago would want to take it upon himself to seek a lower grade, and then on an expedited turnaround time no less, when he was thinking of consigning it and likely assuring himself of a lower sales price. The stamping is obvious, and would not deceive any buyer who was thinking of buying it, so I can't see him feeling there was some moral high road in having it downgraded. If anything, IMO someone unfamiliar with the card's history would wonder if there is slight paper loss, erasure or unseen creasing that led to the card's grade of fair.

Just all in all bizarre to me.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.