View Single Post
Old 12-29-2023, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
The opening/no opening hadn’t even occurred to me. Sure enough, the team photo on my black pennant is glued to the front with no cutout. The cutout on the orange pennant looks completely “professional” - sharp edges and no overcut at the corners. I know there are other team photo pennants with the cutout. Maybe Domer has some insight into this variation in the manufacturing process?

I guess I’m going to need a Giants team photo with a bit of a border if I’m going to glue it from the back…
I think it just came down to time: cutting the window looks better; but, takes longer.

If time was of the essence, say ... two teams tied for first place that year, requiring a three game play-in to settle the pennant, your time was extremely limited if your customer/concessionaire had any hopes of selling that pennant at the world series. So, Trench may have had to cut some corners when this situation occurred.