Thread: RIP Mike Berkus
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 07:23 AM

Default Mike Berkus

This is very sad news. I first met Mike in 1981 at the Plymouth National- and later served with him on the National Board in the late 80's and early 90's. Most recently as a national board member - I have worked with Mike as his company has run the day to day operations of the show for many years.
He was always "an idea guy" who had great vision for the National Convention and a personality and likeability to move an idea forward to implementation. He truly loved the National and always kept the dealers first. He once told me "the dealers will always be in the front of the room as long as I am associated with this show". And they still are.
He was an extremely entertaining guy with a good sense of humor. He had the ability to communicate a story like few people I have ever met. He could light up a room with his smile and his charm. He had a lot of integrity- If he told me he was going to do something - he did it. If he made a promise to me- he kept it.
I'll miss him- and I know everyone associated with the National will miss him to. Guys like Mike Berkus are not replaced- they can only be remembered.

Rest in Peace My friend-

Kevin Savage