View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 03:39 PM
Mike Kaminski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Leon, it was a good idea.

I met Joey Saturday for the first time - had coffee and a long pleasant conversation. Since I only live 20 minutes away from him, it seemed like a good idea. I hadn't planned to post anything about it, and won't respond to questions about him, but here are a few thoughts.

I agreed with Leon's post above before I talked with Joey, and I still agree with it after having met him. I have no idea if Joey really got robbed or not - the subject didn't cross my mind until he was gone. But I know that this forum, being the community where he's made a bunch of hobby friends and had a lot of fun, is important to him. Now that he has said that he had everything but a few items stolen, re-selling said stolen items by himself would be pretty much impossible. So they might as well be stolen. I bought the Jackson painting. I had mixed thoughts about it, since by buying it I was allowing Joey to succeed at circumventing his B/S/T ban. But I actually wanted the painting and thought it should be off the market ASAP - it had already been on ebay briefly, which seemed wrong. So now that part of the drama is done with.

So now Joey no longer has anything that he can sell other than a few basketball photos that he said were inexpensive. Knowing self-control was going to be a problem, he asked to be banned, and he has been. Not making excuses for him, but not sure what else we can do here to make ourselves feel any better.
What eBay name did he use this time?