View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 10:15 AM
David Ros.enberg

I have a similar story to Glyn's but with a factor of minimum 10x - 15x. A friend from high school tracked me down me to sell her father's collection, while he was on his death bed, being foreclosed on with medical expenses piling up. Most items were purchased from SAH while he was in a diminished capacity. Many biggest autographs (Mantle, DiMaggio, etc.) were not even authentic according the PSA/DNA (but I could immediately tell) and cards a joke worth pennies on the dollar. I am not trying to fuel the fire but would question the business acumen and honesty of anyone involved with SAH. Either become a whistle blower, leave or enable. I felt so bad for my friend's family and father, I set up at a card show, sold everything that did not sell on eBay, did not charge her anything besides eBay / Paypal fees and refused compensation. It was rewarding helping a friend find some comfort in a time of need and TRIED to right the wrong. Can you imagine how hard it was for me to explain what transpired?

Modified after receiving (5 or 6) 'threatening' emails including these gems. I think discovery would be enlightening possibly turning a civil matter into criminal. I also find it implausible someone could sell tens of million of autos and NEVER be accused of selling a fake auto!

I think Wyclef summed it up quite prophetically, ''Some live for the bill, some kill for the bill, she/he wined for the bill, grind for the bill, some steal for the bill; if they got to pay the bill, singin' dollar, dollar bill, y'all''

''your thread below is false. I have never sold , nor have i ever been accused of selling a fake autograph on SAH or anywhere else. I in fact have worked for 10 years with with authorities to go after forgers with US attorney and law enforcement offficials.. There were 6-8 OTHER vendors of SAH , and I could not control or know what product they sold, in fact they were competitors. Just because someone bought an auto turned out to be not authentic, does NOT mean I was the vendor, as I was not. I was well known for having Mantle, Dimaggio, and all the big names under contract, and quite frankly had more autographs then I could possibly move. I have posted on this subject in #46 as well as msg #140.
I do not wish to contant the moderator, or my attorney regarding your message...but sir it is false and can be considered slander. I strongly suggest you delete or edit it out to say someone bought a bad autograph but you do NOT know who the vendor was, and take out the 'Kenny' comment. If you wish to discuss this, you may email me at ken@goldinauctions.com and give me your contact #.
As long as the post is deleted or edited to reflect the facts, I will consider the matter closed
regards''

''Sirt
I prefer to not get into a pointless argument with you
The message was written in a way to imply I sold fake autographs on Sah .
I am available to discuss this via ofemail or phone call with you. I am happy to listen to our story, but want my side to be heard as well. I would appreciate it if you simply edited the message without posting what I thought was a private message to you. I am still working with authorities and would not want that posted as it could jeopardize ongoing investigations..
Please edit my post to you, and I am happy to call you or have you call me.
We are close to getting a group of forgers and at is why I did not post that reply publicly.
I hope you find it within yourself and edit the message so I am not being accused ( the thanks Kenny) comment at end...and remove the fact you got an email from me. I seriously do to want to jeopardize a current case and hope ou will understand. If ou email me. Phone number I will call you from my cell so ou hve mine. Well
Thank ou''

P.S. Your reading comprehension and grammar Kenny are as questionable as your ethical decisions. For the record, I never accused you of selling fake autos. However, if you perform a Google search, you will find plenty of others that do and accuse you of a litany of other indiscretions.

Last edited by DJR; 03-23-2013 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Thanks Kenny!