View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Matt Hall

Over-hyped and puffery? You mean like high grade commons in TPG holders? Or are you referring to values based on shilled or house bid auctions?

I think Jeff is 100% correct here. You've got people slinging mud from every angle. Go look at the first threads on the mastro fiasco. Pretty much everyone but jeff was blaming the reporter who broke the story.

I know, the stories of grandma's buying from ken are really sad. My dad bought some stuff for me... All very very sad.

What about the fact that the much hobby is over hyped? Caused by a mixture of TPG and Auction shilling?

Hasn't everyone read the interview where Dick Towel stated that he's worked on 15,000-18,000 cards? Many Many Many Mantle rookies? He also said that there are many other people who are good at certain aspects of what he does: Removing stains, removing wrinkles or creases for $30 per card!!?

All this info out there and you still have people discussing that PSA 5 with a wrinkle... Don't worry, that wrinkle will be gone over time.

But forget all that. Lets make sure we don't bid on auctions by those hilarious guys who used to sell that crap on tv.

Last edited by Matthew H; 08-12-2012 at 11:27 AM.