View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 11:29 AM
Jim Parker

I have struggled with this very question....I built the entire 67 set but didn't like paying $50+ per hi# no-name sp (shellenbach, barker, shannon, etc). But I do LIKE having the whole set now that its done. There is no wrong way to do it, but you have to figure out what works for you personally (which sounds like you have). I haven't!

There is a thread over on CU board where a guy has a display case that holds about 30 cards and he rotates the key 30 cards from each topps set, to display on his wall, he posts a pic and you see all the hof-ers from a single set all together. Its quite impressive seeing all the same year cards all grouped together. That always appealed to me, so its something you might want to consider.

We all may be able to picture, say a 63 mantle or aaron or rose, but can you quickly picture a 63 drysdale, banks, gibson, koufax, and billy williams? maybe so, but pick some year and think about it. its a great visual to be able to see all of them together from same year in same style, side by side.