View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 03:48 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
PSA will hope this blows over....let’s take a poll what PSA will Do?

I’m saying nothing....after the National This will all be a afterthought..sadly to many Sheeple to the Registry and Uber Wealthy High Profile People with Big 6 figure plus cards in their holders .it’s very sad....I have Zero Confidence PSA ...it’s always the pure hardcore collectors who take it on the ass...
I wondered a while, back but, with the continuing onslaught and publicity, I think it will deeply affect PSA. Even if collectors still collect PSA, I find it hard to believe that minor increments in grade (8 versus 9, 9 versus 10) will have the same valuation.

Duly note, I think professional grading, in theory, is a good thing. I think it's good to have an independent authenticator (something they're good at), and can understand the desire for a quick hird opinion on grade in online sales. However, I've loooong thought the fetish for number grades wasn't based (much less priced) in anything rational. The chickens have come home to roose on the latter, and much it lays not at the feet of graders but the collectors.

I think this could actually possibly be the death knell for PSA, and, at the least, the scandal will alter how graded cards are prices (and obviously downward not upward). I don't see how collectors will price graded cards the same way they used to.

I predict that, for one reason and/or other (legal, financial), PWCC will be gone before long.

The funny thing (not necessarily as in ha ha funny) is PWCC was an advisement advisor and building things up as investments, but will have himself tanked the investments.

Last edited by drcy; 06-17-2019 at 04:02 PM.