View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 02:15 AM

Never got one myself, I think the closest I ever came was a foul ball about 2 sections over, not good odds there.

On another note, the card shop in my area does framing and matting which is really his bread and butter these days. He came up with a really cool way to frame a foul ball. He puts a card of the pitcher and one of the batter, plus the ticket from the game as well. Then mounts the ball in a holder which is affixed to the glass. It's a pretty neat way to display a foul ball in your home or office if you ever got one. He cuts the matting with the design of the foul pole in it too. The whole thing is really cool I think, I'd never seen one displayed in an ensemble that was such a good conversation piece.

He actually had a deal with Angels Stadium to put them in their main souvenir shops but MLB big wigs freaked out when they were there because he happened to used Upper Deck cards in the display one and this was after the whole licensing thing a couple years ago. They pulled it out of the shop and I guess he hasn't been able to get them back in there again. He can always use Topps cards you know.

Hopefully some day I'll have a reason to buy one from him.