View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 03:20 PM
T!M R10rd@n

David,

Thanks for the input, and I'm glad that you are finding this to be fun.

The left handed pitcher theory is something that I hadn't thought of and would certainly narrow the potential number of games. I'll have to go back to the negative for a better look, or the original scan that I did at 600dpi that even picked up fingerprints on the negative that I didn't realize were there.

I am actually on the train on my way home from work with the box scores from all 11 Yankee games at Navin Field in 1926.

Interstingly, one lists the attendance at one of the games at 40,000 vs. the 30,000 seating capacity, so I think that I can safely eliminate that game based on the apparent emptiness of the stands.

As for the umpire positioning discussed previously, depending on which game it is the umpiring crew consisted of either 2 or 3 umpires.

As for a Dugan triple, he didn't hit any in Detroit that year. Triples were hit though by Collins, Lazzeri, and Meusel, but according to the NY Times writeup, Meusel's was a ground rules triple into the centerield seats. (I don't know the 1926 rules so I assume that is what would be a ground rule double today?)

Thanks again, and I certainly welcome any and all ideas.