View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 04:01 PM
Administrator

Default My Experience at the National.

Posted By: Rhys

Trevor, you spent some serious coin! I saw some of that stuff when I was there and the prices of the items you mentioned were not cheap. I thought for a minute about the all-star cabinet you mentioned because it was very beautiful but passed at the last minute. I also talked with the guy that had the N173 Krock and the D304's for quite a while, but when I saw him he was not willing to break up his collection of 18 of them, nice guy though. You got some nice stuff.

I was able to pick up a nice Dummy Hoy government signed card, some caramel cards, some cabinet photos, an Old Judge pose of Pete Hotaling I have never seen before in which he looks like he is sick with the flu, some Matty McIntyre estate photos with a 1905 Cobb, other early baseball photos, and a really cool Horizontal 1909 Obak card of a guy in a suit and boater hat. Other stuff as well, but probably out of the scope of this forum so I will not list them.

I managed to put a dent in the checkbook but managed to get some good deals. Overall I thought the availability of decent cards was pretty good, but prices were higher than expected.

Rhys
Prewarsports