View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 03:32 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk400 View Post
I am an optimist and therefore disagree with you. We're already seeing backlash against men who converted to women (I still can't figure out if this is called a trans man or a trans woman, so whatever) competing as woman in swimming. No one wants to see altered men in skirts playing tennis against natural women. It's weird. And sponsors and advertisers will make that view known behind closed doors.
I think the difference is that this version of the same root problem of not understanding the actual differences between the genders is that it splits the victims. Women are a victim group in the ideology, alongside the people who believe that reality is dictated by whatever they claim to be, and a bunch of women getting wrecked by a person almost everyone knows is actually a man is difficult to sort out within the confines of the ideology and pits victim groups against each other.

If a big league team put an actual woman on their roster they would get universal acclaim from the league, the media, and the sporting press and get a huge national PR drive and boost for their ground breaking display of diversity and inclusion. If she gives up 12 runs in 2 innings, it will be put down to the fault of some "ism" and coverage will quietly move.