View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 09:41 AM
Arthur R!ch

Quote:
Originally Posted by zogar View Post
The 1990 Donruss Nolan Ryan #659 5000 Strikeouts card has a couple of variations that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere.

There is a break in line variation where there is a break in the black line just to the right of the yellow star.

Also there are 2 different placements of the yellow star on this card - the normal printing has the top point of the star pointing to between the N and R in Donruss and the variation (which I think comes from factory sets but not sure) has the star farther to the right and the top point of the star points to between the R and U in Donruss.

As far as I know these front variations only occur on cards with the corrected backs. I've seen plenty of copies of each so I don't think these are particularly rare.

Pictured are the break in the line (left) and the star moved farther over (right).
Interesting. I never noticed those. Are they unnumbered? From what I understand, all of the Ryans are unnumbered in factory sets. Actually, that could just be the King of Kings card.

Arthur

Successful transactions with Burger King, Amazon, Great Cuts, Tacos Villa Corona, TJ Maxx