View Single Post
Old 11-18-2023, 09:09 AM
Ben North

Mr Lemke was an amazing gentleman and I can't say enough great things about the few interactions I was lucky enough to have with him.

I met Bob through this site. It was around a year before he passed. I PMed him about a card myself a couple members and a few other friends had been discussing for some time. I 100% believe it is counterfeit and most others believe it to be a proof/prototype or some other special type of card. I offered to send him one to look at if he would. Bob replied that his vision had gotten so bad that he really couldn't give me an answer. I highly respected his honest answer.

During this time I found out about his website and his cool custom creations. I bought a few from him but I really wanted to learn how to make them myself. Back then there wasn't a ton of good custom card makers like now. I asked most for any help they would give me and they all told me to pound sand. That is except Bob. He went out of his way to help me in anyway he could. He even sent me the exact materials he was using and explained what/how he done stuff.

When I first started making custom stuff it was simple changes to some of Bobs awesome designs. I would post them on here and give Bob all the credit he deserved. He posted in a few of those threads. I am not sure if me appreciated me giving him credit or not. I do know he was the only person who would help me learn how to make custom cards. It was only a few interactions towards the end of his life but it was greatly appreciated by me.

When looking in my card room these stuck out. They are some of the first things I made using Bobs stuff as a template. The top 6oz size is actual size of a real 6oz Jell-O box. Made a ton of cool stuff since then but these are the beginning of what Bob taught me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jelloF.jpg (137.3 KB, 617 views)
File Type: jpg jelloB.jpg (91.7 KB, 609 views)