View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 04:35 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygary View Post
There is a great bar in Covington, Kentucky, right over the Roebling Bridge from the Reds ballpark that is probably the only FEDERAL LEAGUE-themed bar in existance. It is called "Smoke Justis" after the ace of the 1913 Federal League Covington Blue Sox, Walter "Smoke" Justis. The Blue Sox's park was just across the street from where the bar is now. I designed the giant miural behind the bar of it's namesake as well as the menus which I made to look like 1913 scorecards. Most of the food on the menu are named after Federal League teams and players, and the bar even sponsored a Covington Blue Sox night at the local minor league team where they dressed up in great 1913 Blue Sox uniforms. If you're in Cincinnati, slip across the bridge and try the smoke wings, they are outstanding!

And I’d be stealing that menu...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.