View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 06:12 PM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

thanks to all responses and opinions;

Leon: Thanks for encouraging posts.

Jimmy: Thanks, that's a Great Williams bat!

Joseph: agree on Jacket being a great item, I had forgot to include that originally. I especially love the real old sweater type jackets from back in the Day. I have a Ray Caldwell 1916 D381 card that pictures him in one of those old Yankee jackets. It's one of my favorite cards. If only I owned the jacket!...

Max and Perez -Fan: Great Jackets!

Ted: Great points on a bat being more soughtafter for a guy like Williams; Where you'd want a glove for a guy like Ozzie. I had thought of that too and couldn't agree more. I'm just trying to get a real general list. Yet, there's certainly great differences between players.

I agree with most, as many seemed to rank fielding gloves high. It's certainly a nice piece to own if you can find one. I still have my little league glove (auto version of Nolan Ryan, from 1992/93?) I still love it. I know how personal gloves become. I also have my Grandfathers glove from the 1930's somewhere (My grandfather never played pro ball though). The lacing is all cracked and dry-rotted but it's still an awsome piece.

Thanks to everyone who responded. Please post more opinions if anyone else wants to share them.

Last edited by yanksfan09; 09-19-2009 at 06:15 PM.