View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 08:18 PM
Administrator

Default Opinions on a transaction issue

Posted By: Joann

Just out of curiosity... Kyle said earlier that he didn't want to publicize details because he didn't want to advertise an auction he was bidding on. Now that we can see it it appears that was good strategy, as there were only two bidders besides Kyle.

I happen to thing most strip cards are pretty ghastly, so I wouldn't have given these cards a second blink and am not even sure if I saw them in my normal ebay crawl. But that's me. Anyone have any thoughts on the fact that these did seem to go unnoticed? And how that is? And were they oddly listed as to miss mainstream contact w/people here that obviously recognize the value now that they see them?

I swear I pick through ebay with a fine-tooth comb, and still miss half the good stuff!

Joann

FWIW - I tend to believe you too Kyle. Maybe you thought they were worth more than $160, but not that much more, or maybe you thought you could catch lightening in a bottle and get lucky if a few significant cards ended up being included - but overall I have too much faith in human nature to think someone could offer 1/8 or whatever, in any good conscience. So I don't think you did. FWIW