View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 09:18 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

I agree the tracking is a little weird on that one too, and I'm not sure what was going on in the middle there, but the answer to your question is yes, all eBay cares about is whether that last scan says "Delivered" or not. They do not care about what route it takes in between, or that USPS does not display the actual delivery address with the tracking. See a few more examples:

UA355570274US - Netherlands
LZ630113170US - Italy
LJ929367229US - Australia
LJ929034861US - Austria
LJ928734108US - Switzerland
LJ928735868US - Spain
LJ928734479US - Portugal
LJ928728703US - Canada
LJ927879211US - UK
LJ927638975US - France
LJ926792125US - Brazil
LJ926438677US - Germany

All simply state DELIVERED - [DESTINATION COUNTRY]

I suppose if a dispute arose and eBay wanted to push the issue, I could show them a screenshot from my stamps.com account verifying that tracking number was actually associated with a shipment to the delivery address the buyer had provided, but I have never had that be required with an international shipment. Prior to the USPS providing door-to-door tracking though, I did have a couple of incidents where, even though I was sure the buyer had received the item (due to the timing of them filing a claim and the nature of their communication before and after), because the tracking at that time only went as far as the Miami International Airport, it was a quick ruling in favor of the buyer. Since USPS has begun providing door-to-door tracking, if a claim is filed through eBay, I simply have to reply with the tracking number and indicate that it shows the package was delivered on such-and-such day for quick ruling in my favor. Whether eBay may just eat the cost under the Seller Protection program and refunds the buyer anyway, I don't know, but eBay has always been secretive as to the exact action they are taking with the other party in a dispute. My only concern at that point though is that I am covered, the funds are released back to my Paypal account, and I go on about my business.