View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 11:32 PM
Administrator

Default The Death of Direct Sales

Posted By: Tim

The problem I have with this thread and politics today as a whole is that there is no middle ground. Both the left and the right have become so entrenched in their views that there is no true debate anymore. Both sides have become so inundated with talking points that back up their argument that they are no longer willing to listen to opposing opinion and give it any consideration.

I am a lifelong Republican that is dreading the upcoming election. Obama is the better politician and given the choice of candidates he is the most intelligent and best suited for the job even given his lack of experience. Biden I see as another Dan Quayle. He has a lot of gaffes but is a solid VP on the whole.

McCain is strong in his convictions and has shown that he is capable of reaching across the aisle but I don’t know if that is enough. Though I think Pahlin isn’t the boob she has been made out to be, I don’t think she is ready or suited to lead our country.

I am truly disappointed that these are the best candidates that our country has to offer.

It’s sad to me that as this country and the world drifts deeper into turmoil that instead of the two parties growing closer they drift further apart.

The current economical problems are a perfect example. How can any democrat or republican say it’s one parties fault more than the other. When looked with true open eyes it’s the fault of both parties through the years. Pointing fingers will not fix the problem and unfortunately I don’t feel like my vote right now either way will help. I will vote as I always do, but his time it’s with the heaviest heart I have ever cast a ballot.

It’s time for both sides to stop being the party of “I’m right and you’re not” to the parties of “let’s do the right thing.”

I know it’s too much to ask but I can hope.