View Single Post
Old 01-10-2024, 12:40 PM
C0ry R0b!n$0n

Default O/T Selling/Shipping efficiently

I know this isn't the right thread for this technically, but it is the right thread. I assume everyone checks this one religiously, like I do? Delete or Move if necessary.

I have bought cards from many of you over the past couple of years, and sold cards to many of you more recently.

Two things that have made selling infinitely easier for me -

Using a postal service - I use Pirateship - where I can buy discounted postage and print labels. - This is especially efficient when you sell to the same person repeatedly as their address is stored. If there is a better/cheaper option out there, please share!

Buying a thermal label printer. I bought a Jadens thermal printer off Amazon - currently around $90, but there are cheaper options (cheapest around $55) - it bluetooths to my phone - so I input the address on pirateship and it prints off a 4x6 sticker to attach to my packages.

These two things have made selling/trading cards much easier - and I have noticed the postage that some of you are paying (too much!), and that a lot of the labels are hand written. It works out to about $4 to ship a 5x7 bubble mailer to roughly anywhere in the US. This forum has been amazing for me and hopefully this can help make life a little easier for a few of you.

One other little tidbit on scanning that I learned - if you want to get good scanned images of slabbed cards you have to use a CCD scanner like the Epson V600. The cheaper Canon Lide works great for raw cards, but something with the slabs makes them look blurry.

Again sorry for posting in the "wrong" place, but I figure this would be most likely to be read by the ones that would get the most benefit from it here.