View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 07:33 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Fun time....Show-n-Tell us of experiences pulling cards from wax-packs in your youth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
Ted,

I've said it before, I'll say it again, these stories you tell are a real treat. Hearing about the Hobby back then and seeing these cards is incredible. Everyone on the whole has been sharing fantastic stories.

I was given a bunch of 90 topps packs when I was a kid. My first foray into cards really. I pulled the Rookie of my Favorite player, Bernie Williams. I still have the card, I'll update with a scan of it when I get home. Not even close to the most valuable card in my collection, but a priceless memory for me!

- James

Hi James

I appreciate your kind words. And yes, Bernie Williams was a great Centerfielder with the Yankees (16 consecutive years).

The first World Series I saw (as young kid) was the 1947 Yankees vs Dodgers. In my opinion, this 7-game Series was one of the most exciting ever.
The Left Fielder for the Yanks was Johnny Lindell. He was amazing both in the field and at bat (Batted = .500, Hits = 9, RBI = 7 in 6 games).

I cherish his rookie card (1947 BOND BREAD). It was one of the very first Baseball cards in my collection.

TED Z

T206 Reference