View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 08:55 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

As pointed out this is a MC not OC. MC is used when ever the card is cut so that it shows a bit of the next card or in the very least text or photo is cut into.

Those that don't like MC or OC cards won't buy the card no matter what it is graded. They can see that flaw very easily. My point is that to me I prefer MC cards to regular.

When I have my Miscuts graded I want it to be graded fairly on the rest of the aspects. In this case there could possibly be other miscut e98 Macks, but this would be the best graded miscut. If you don't like miscuts it won't matter to you.

I understand if someone doesn't like qualifiers in their collection, but they can just simply not buy them. I can't easily distinguish a grade of a card that is miscut but graded by SGC merely off the assigned grade. I have to look very hard for other flaws.

When a grading company lumps factory "flaws" in with the post manufacturing flaws it can unfairly represent the card to an entire aspect of the hobby. That aspect is those of us that actually like factory flaws/errors. For a more thorough thought about this check out Frank's "Thoughts About A Grading Proposal" thread.