View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 08:15 PM
Derek 0u3ll3tt3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
What is the ratio of black men killed by cops as compared to black men killed by other black men? Don't hold me to this, but I remember hearing the number 60 to 1. Which one is by far the greater threat to the black community? Which one is ignored, and which one is covered wall to wall when it happens? I will forever have the names Trayvon Martin, Philando Castille, Michael Brown, Laquan McDonald, Freddie Gray, Eric Garner stuck in my head through the wall to wall saturation from the media. There are also the gentlemen in Louisiana, South Carolina, and Oklahoma whose names I can't think of but certainly remember the incidents. I couldn't tell you the name of a black on black murder victim to save my own life. The media purposely ignores those and sweeps them under the rug. I am saying that liberals and the black community have their priorities way out of whack and are ignoring the 800 pound gorilla in the room.
Why should one thing outweigh the other? Black-on-black crime exists, so that somehow negates or minimizes the problem that racism still exists as well? Of course not, because one problem has nothing to do with the other. They are BOTH problems, and trying to turn focus to black-on-black crime serves only to draw focus away from racism.