View Single Post
Old 11-16-2015, 06:57 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsBaseball1973 View Post
Right on the money. I'd bet most people who say it's overpriced don't have one and secretly want one, if they're honest with themselves. There's no such thing as overpriced anyway, a person will pay what they will, and that's the price at that moment in time.

I must say I am finding more discussions on baseball card forums that devolve into stock market-like talk than discussions about appreciating cards. The only certain thing is that a card brings the collector pleasure. Some seem more concerned about what the next man pays than they are about cards themselves. I doubt flippers are gambling 100k on Mantles, that's a heck of a gamble on something someone-- the flipper-- doesn't care about. I'm of the mind a 52 Mantle is more likely going to a collector who loves it and has wanted to own one for years, and whatever he pays for it his his business, certainly not mine.
like I said, if we see the exact cards that had huge price increases going back on the market, like the 100k cards, then we will know its flippers and not guys like MattyC..we can only hope there are more MattyCs in the world and not flippers but time will tell.....im sure people will draw attention on this forum when the see a same card hit the market again in a year or two.....no way those sellers are those people that loved the card for the intrinsic pleasure its a flipper..we shall see

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 11-16-2015 at 06:57 PM.