View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 04:43 PM

Default Intro...Doing a Home Bar

I am brand new to this board. The reason I ended up discovering this website is not because I am a collector of memorabilia or a big fan of autographs. I am here because I love baseball history.

We are moving into a brand new house tomorrow and I have gotten the green light from my dear wife to put in a baseball theme bar. I was just wondering if any of you have baseball dedicated rooms or even bars and would like to share any pictures or ideas.

Here are some of the things I have planned for the bar:

-Theme will be pre 1930. Vintage pictures of the time will be all over the walls.
-Old fashioned wide plank hardwood floors and retro brick walls.
-Back bar that will actually resemble baseball dugouts of the day (think thick slab of wood across the top). TV would be above the bench while glasses and beer steins (Legends of Baseball collection) would hang from the top of the "roof" of the dugout.
-Vintage baseball gear sitting on top of the bench of the back bar. I have already ordered a really cool Shoeless Joe Jackson bat (thick barrel 39 ounces) as well as a replica 1909 Spalding baseball. Just need a mitt, catchers mask, and maybe chest protector now.
-Hats of all 16 teams to line the top of the back bar dugout.
-Vintage ads and newspapers for the bathroom.

What do you think?

Last edited by redskinsnut; 10-24-2012 at 04:44 PM.