View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 12:41 PM

Not to derail, but, yes and no. He did not release it as it was originally recorded during the psychedelic era. He re-recorded everything and released it as a 2004 solo album.

The original tapes remain unreleased.

I was a writer and researcher on a documentary about the album produced by Showtime in 2004, but the film was more of an homage to Brian Wilson's efforts to finish it than a true look at its place in the context of '60s counter-culture.

Anyway, with regards to baseball card info online, I think it is an excellent resource for the collector. You can type any question into a search engine and get answers quickly and pretty accurately. That helps immensely in the process of buying and selling. However, long-term information pertaining to a card's history must be printed in some format that can be collected by a library or historian.

I enjoy web information tremendously, and count on it to make decisions about purchasing. But since I don't plan on writing a book about cards anytime soon, I rarely print anything from the internet out. I suppose it's up to those who are writing or documenting any one subject to take the time and weed through the internet information, and to document what they consider important new information about cards.

Last edited by Brian-Chidester; 02-16-2010 at 12:42 PM.