View Single Post
Old 10-20-2021, 07:50 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Can't afford the orange Wagner, then the blue Wagner will do

* * * * * * * * * * * * * T206 Reference, Theory's, Surveys, etc. * * * * * * * * * * * *

...... Piedmont ...... Sweet Caporal ..... Polar Bear_____The "House" that created these Tobacco cards_____Sovereign ........... Hindu ........ American Beauty

Hey guys.....I'm just trying to interject some humor here, and as LEON has suggested....each post should display some BB cards.

Anyhow.....1000's of T206 collectors would love to have what I refer to as the "orange Wagner".....but, there are less than 100 of them available. And, at ridiculous prices.
So we have to be content with another fine-fielding Shortstop by the same name who I refer to as the "blue Wagner". Cards of Charles "Heinie" Wagner are very available.
The "Bat on Right" pose is in the 350/460 series in print Group B. Comprising of 16 (or 17) different T206 backs. The toughest being....AB 460....DRUM....LENOX....UZIT.
I have the AB 460. The DRUM, LENOX, and UZIT will be a quite a challenge to find.

I've always liked the two T206 poses of this Wagner that essentially complement each another. I cannot recall of any other T206 images of the same player similar to this
where the pose of one card is essentially the inverse of the other one. I thought this may indicate that he batted both ways. Not so, he was strictly a Right-handed batter.
Of course, there are 2 identical action poses of Chase and Matty with different colored caps. And Tinker with bat off & on. However, I do not see these pairs as equivalent
to the blue Wagners' uniquely related images.
Having said all that, it's time to display some blue Wagner cards. I have a lot of these to display, but Net54 limits us to 18 images/post. I will show more in my next post.

------------

TED Z

T206 Reference

Last edited by tedzan; 10-22-2021 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Corrected typo.