View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 12:17 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreader3 View Post
Well since my name was mentioned I might as well respond. While I did conduct large surveys back in the day, it is possible that whatever Murray and/or Overall P42 “confirmation” data I may have published came from reports by advanced collectors with whom I was in touch. It is also possible that these data points resulted from ebay listings with incorrect PSA flips or back scans, which happened from time to time.

Hi Scot

The Murray and the Overall mistakes are not your fault. One of the first threads regarding PIEDMONT #42 cards dates back to December 2006.
https://www.net54baseball.com/showth...3456&highlight

Brian Weisner posted this list of his P#42 cards.....

Hi Ted,
Here is the list of my 42's:

BAKERTHROW
COBBBAT OFF
COBBBAT OFF
CRAWFORDBAT
KLEINOWBOSTON
KONETCHYGL LOW
LATHAMPOR
LATHAMNY NAT
MANNINGPITCH
MATHEWSONDARK
MATHEWSONDCAP
MCINTYREBR&CH
OVERALLTHROW
PELTYVERT
SWEENEYTHROW
SEYMOURTHROW
SMITHCHI&BOS
SNODGRASSCATCH
WAGNERRIGHT
WHITECHI

However, this Overall card was inputted into the Super-Set spreadsheet as the 460-only series version of Overall (Hands at Waist).
It should have been entered in as the "Hand at Face" (350/460 series) version.

Your 2005 - 2006 publication of "Inside T206" inspired many of us Net54ers to seriously explore the complexities of the T206 set.
Resulting in discoveries, such, as the...Elite 11.....Exclusive 12.....Mutually-Exclusive 350/460 Series.....Red-Ink Twins....etc., etc.
Which provided us clearer understanding of how these cards were printed. Thereby informing us of valid T206 front/back combos.

Take care my good friend,

TED Z