View Single Post
Old 06-21-2023, 11:06 AM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
Scraps as a blanket catch all name for any card that is obviously either a misprint or not intended for release as a production item is ok.

But it covers a lot of ground where I think it's inaccurate. Especially with cards like this.

I should probably put those thoughts into their own thread.
The "Yellow/Brown" scraps are in my opinion, scraps, but they are part of a T206 subset of their own. Consisting of 29 different cards with the Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 back, which can't be found in full color, because they were never issued for release in packs, without their Overprint Scroll and the addition of the Factory 42 line added below. These 29 cards are also known as "Group A". The six Super Prints are also a part of this "Group A", and can be found with the same "Yellow/Brown" color scheme. The only difference is that the six Super Prints can be found in full color with the Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 back, because they were issued in packs with this Factory and Subject combination, unlike the other 29 cards.

Group A - Photo borrowed from Ted Zanidakis

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The "Group B" subset consists of 28 different cards and follow the same pattern as the "Group A" backs. Where they were not issued in packs, without their Scroll Overprint and the addition of the Factory 42 line added below. The other difference between these 28 cards, and the 29+6 cards above, is they have always been found in full color, and are known as the "No Prints", even identified by PSA with the same term.

Group B - Photo borrowed from Ted Zanidakis

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below is a scan of my "No Print" Group B Full Color Scrap Set. At this point in time, this is the only known complete 28 card set. A second set is possible to complete, but a few of the cards only have two known examples that exist. And those cards are locked up in different owners sets. I own a decent amount of a second set, and know where most of the other cards are, that would be needed to assemble a second set.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11

Last edited by Ronnie73; 06-21-2023 at 11:09 AM.