View Single Post
Old 05-01-2022, 01:21 AM
Jon Canfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat R View Post
The reason I asked if someone could post the section of the law that specifies the legal pack sizes is I haven't been able to find it and some information in the old thread referred to the act of August 5 1909 but that law didn't actually take effect until July 1 1910 and the distribution of the Armbruster card in the REA pack began before that date, we know this from the ledger pages in the old journal. The portion where the dates of the packing and shipping would be is missing on the PD350 page but they were distributed before the American Beauty's and Cycles.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Also in both threads it is stated that the T206 cards were only packed with the 10 count packs but the ledger pages show that they were packed with 20's too for Sweet Caporal. Some of the other brands do say to pack with 10's but they don't specifically say to only pack with 10's and some other brands just say to pack with (name of brand) cigarettes. I can't tell what it says before in 10's pkgs in the second line.

[IMG][/IMG]

Pat -

Great find on that ledger page. It looks like it’s written again on the left side at the bottom (text is on the long edge of the page). 1 to 10s, 2 to 20s.

- Jon