View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 08:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
I have been told, by good sources, that dealers, including those who are big ebay sellers, know that an item is not good but it has a TPA cert and that is all they care about. Knowing it is not good they still go ahead and sell it.
It has a plastic tomb and a cert,,, it is good to go .
I have been told that this is the case but no evidence was shown to me to back up this story.

there are collectors here that do that. i have been told that despite the evidence presented, that spence certed it and thats all they care about.

the oscar bonavena on ebay right now was returned by the first bidder who won it and returned it due to the fact its no good, even though it has a psa cert. the dealer relisted it. it has a psa cert by the way. who cares what the people with 20 or 30 years boxing autograph experience have to say about it.

some guy at psa who saw "Rocky" 5 times said it was good, so it must be.

i know there are people out there who know some of there stuff is no good, but sell it anyway due to the fact they won the "cert lottery"

the james corbett that was no good has a jsa cert and the holyfield slabbed card has a psa cert, and we presented the facts and those owners still love their psa and jsa certed autographs.

Last edited by travrosty; 01-30-2013 at 08:31 PM.