View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 04:34 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

Well, some of you guys are really passionate about these relic cards of the old time players. That's great. But neither side is right or wrong. Let's not fight over these cards just because of how someone feels about them. We are all entitled to our opinions without fear of being attacked.

That said, I have mixed feelings over the relic cards of prewar/vintage players. I like the newer players' relic cards but there are tons of game worn jerseys and bats of the modern players. I like the look of some of the prewar/vintage player cards, but not a lot of them. I hate when they put a Babe Ruth bat relic in a really shiny colorful modern looking card design. I like a lot of the old Timeless Treasures and Prime Cuts cards though.

I feel like if you buy something you are allowed to do with it as you please. If that means cutting it up and making a bunch of relic cards for the masses to enjoy, then you should be allowed to do so. Do I like it? Not very much, no. But they have the right to do it.

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here